This week we have a very special LA Green Drinks!
a west side LA Green Drinks
at smart® house
co-hosted by Eco Gift Expo.
smart®, Eco Gift Expo, and LA Green Drinks
have joined forces to bring you the most fun
Pre-Christmas, Pre-Kwanzaa, Mid-Hannukah, Post-Fall Equinox
holiday throwdown at smart® house…
the official gallery for the uber-fuel efficient smart® fortwo vehicle.
Thursday, December 6th
7pm – 10pm
food, drinks, and fat beats by dj braden (dagaz/family affair)
an exclusive preview of the smart® fortwo
1319 Abbot Kinney Boulevard
Space is extremely limited,
so please rsvp immediately to get on the list.
Let us know in your rsvp if you plan to bring someone,
so everything remains copasetic at the door.
+1 is the limit per invitee. thanks.
RSVP by emailing address below:
valet is available.
Don't miss the first-ever Eco Gift Expo
at Santa Monica Civic Auditorium
Dec. 15th & 16th
get all your eco holiday shopping done under one roof!
In addition to Eco Gift Expo, you may want to check out the Greenopia Holiday Showcase December 7th & 8th from 11am-6pm at smart® house the day after LA Green Drinks.
The month's eco-action is to vote with your dollar
and gift sustainably this holiday season!
If anyone wants to bring literature to promote their green issue please do so-
we will have an area for brochures, business cards, etc.
We will also take back any extra literature back and bring them to the next Green Drinks.
The main thing is just to relax and have a good time.
Bookmark this blog for future updates
LA Green Drinks - West Side is the 1st Thursday of every month.
LA Green Drinks - Hermosa Beach is the 2nd Thursday of every month.
LA Green Drinks - Silver Lake is the 3rd Thursday of every month.
LA Green Drinks - Studio City is the 4th Thursday of every month.
FlexCar Free Sign ups UPDATED PROMO CODE
Flexcar is running a promotion right now that is allowing free signups for our service. This is a wonderful opportunity to experience the latest technology in mobility options.
Follow the steps below to take advantage of the free sign up!
1. Go to www.flexcar.com, click on "Join Now" at the top of any page, and select "Personal" plans.
2. Fill in FREELAX in the "Promo Code" field (box 2).
3. Have them fill in your email address (the same one you use on your Flexcar account) in the "Enter Referrer's Full Name" field (box 17A).
If you have any questions contact Walter King
Walter King General Manager Los Angeles Region firstname.lastname@example.org M: 213.272.1032
Renewable LA: The First Annual Solar Open House & Green Holiday Gift Fest - December 8th, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
American Hi Definition
7635 Airport Business Park Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Roof-top tours of one of the San Fernando Valley’s largest solar installations—100 kilowatts of clean energy—will highlight this free eco fest, which will also feature seminars, clean-car test rides, a film screening, family fun and “consumption-lite” holiday shopping.
- In addition to solar tours, the event will offer expert seminars such as “The Basics, a.k.a. Environmentalism for Dummies,” “Composting and Recycling,” “Solar Home Financing,” “Biodiesel: Out of the FOG (Fats, Oils & Greases),” “How to Build Green,” “The Present and Future of Clean Car Technology,” and “Why Population is an Environmental Matter.”
- Chris Paine, director of “Who Killed the Electric Car?” will speak about the award-winning documentary, to be shown continuously in American Hi Definition and Sweetwater Digital’s special screening room. (Seating is limited to 45 people per screening.)
- To make it a “consumption-lite” holiday, attendees will be invited to donate to an environmental or animal protection group in their loved ones’ names. Among the nonprofits participating: TreePeople, Global Green, American Lung Association, Rainforest Action Network, Sierra Club, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, California League of Conservation Voters, Plug In America, Green Depot and Much Love Animal Rescue.
- Among the clean vehicles available for test rides at “Renewable L.A.” will be a ZENN neighborhood electric vehicle, a Vectrix Maxi-Scooter, a plug-in hybrid by Plug-In Hybrid Conversions, an eBox by AC Propulsion, a Toyota RAV4 EV and a Volkswagen Jetta Wagon running on 100-percent biodiesel.
- Family activities at the eco fest will include solar print-making using the sun with Pasadena’s Armory Center for the Arts and toy- and gadget-making from recyclables with Cy Tymony, author of “Sneaky Uses for Everyday Things.”
- For those who prefer to deliver holiday cheer in a pretty package, gift boutiques such as Green With Envy and Handmade Galleries of Sherman Oaks will sell such earth-friendly items as jewelry made with recycled Scrabble pieces, organic-cotton toddler toys and bamboo tableware.
- The event will also include food and live music.
Hollywood Goes Green
December 11 & 12 | www.hollywoodgoesgreen.com
Going Green is good for Hollywoods bottom line.
iHollywood Forum makes history with the first conference to specifically address environmental issues in entertainment and related industries.
Hollywood Goes Green will offer industry insiders a forum to collaborate and develop partnerships for a sustainable future. Be part of this historic gathering for an in-depth exchange of ideas and make deals with influencers who share your passion for protecting the environment.
In recent years, Hollywood has significantly stepped-up its efforts and introduced eco-friendly business practices to preserve the environment and eliminate global warming. Changes in the music industry, broadcast development, film, TV and cable programming and everyday business operations now focus on saving green Mother Earth and money: Going Green 2.0.
Sustainable Building Advisor Program - ongoing
Second Friday 9-5, Second Saturday 9-3; 9 months, started Oct. 12th
Class cost: $1,950
Material Fee: $0.00
Lead Instructor: Blair Seibert
Location: Los Angeles-Bundy Campus
Registration: Thru SMC's website: commed.smc.edu
Specialized training program for architects, engineers, developers, building owners, contractors and other building professionals interested in learning about strategies and tools for implementing sustainable building. Identify and articulate the key practices of sustainable building. Apply LEED™ and other relevant criteria or established guidelines. Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures. Work with architects, designers, builders, building operators, and utilities to improve a building's performance. Take advantage of financial incentives and technical assistance offered by governments, utilities and non-profit organizations. Establish sustainable design goals for project development. Assist in the education and training of staff in your facility or firm in sustainable building.
This class will prepare students for the optional NaSBAP exam which offers SBA Certification. Exam fees are not included in the course fee. See http://www.nasbap.org/CSBAexam
The weekend course runs for nine months (first consecutive Friday and Saturday). For more information email: email@example.com or call 310-422-2417.
Dec. 7 & 8
Jan. 4 & 5
Feb. 1 & 2
Mar. 7 & 8
Apr. 4 & 5
May 2 & 3
June 6 & 7
Volunteers Needed for Renewable L.A. - December 8th, 9th, 10th
The First Annual Solar Open House &
Green Holiday Gift Fest:
Dec. 8, 10 a.m.- 5p.m.
7635 Airport Business Park Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Volunteers Needed for Eco Gift Expo - December 8th, 14th, 15th & 16th
Volunteers are needed for set up on Saturday December 8th, Friday December 14th, on-site show operations, Saturday and Sunday December 15-16th. Volunteers must complete at least one 6 hour shift & will receive: • Free admission into Expo • Organic cotton Eco Gift staff t-shirt • Exclusive Eco Gift Expo Gift Bag (valued at $250.00!) Includes a wide array of eco conscious products/services/discounts Register at www.ecogift.com/volunteer Review the event www.ecogift.com
Check the Calendar of events for a workshop near you-
GREEN PR CONSULTANT
Cyber-Rain, manufacturer of environmentally friendly sprinkler systems, is seeking a part-time PR consultant to contact green media, mainstream media and green educational organizations in order to significantly improve media coverage and visibility of Cyber-Rain products. Applicants must have pre-existing media contacts and proven experience. Learn more about Cyber-Rain at:www.cyber-rain.com Contact: Reza Pourzia, firstname.lastname@example.org
LA REGIONAL DIRECTOR FOR SOLAR NON-PROFIT
Founded during the 2001 California energy crisis, GRID Alternatives' mission is to empower communities in need to meet their basic requirements of health, education, and economic opportunity by providing renewable energy and energy efficiency services, equipment, and training. GRID Alternatives provides these services exclusively to low-income households earning less than 80% of area median income, including families, seniors, and persons with disabilities. Our programs seek to enhance long-term housing affordability for low-income households by permanently reducing their energy costs, and to expand economic opportunity by providing skills and training in the growing field of solar electricity.
We are looking for a full time Regional Director to help bring GRID Alternatives programs providing free renewable energy and energy efficiency services to low-income homeowners in the Greater Los Angeles Area and surrounding regions. The Regional Director will manage the operations of GRID Alternatives LA office and transition that office into a GRID Alternatives LA Affiliate.
The Regional Director will report to the Executive Director of GRID Alternatives and will work directly with the Bay Area GRID Alternatives staff to develop local infrastructure in anticipation of transitioning LA office to an LA GRID Alternatives affiliate. Due to the start-up nature of the LA office, Regional Director will initially be required to do a little bit of everything this may include volunteer management, construction related tasks, administrative duties and taking out the trash. The specific job duties for which this position was created include:.
• Helping coordinate large (30 house) solar installation project at end of October.
• Managing LA office staff (soon to consist of two AmeriCorps VISTA members and a construction manager).
• Fundraising from private foundations, corporate sponsors, local governments, and individual donors (including grant writing, donor cultivation, etc).
• Building an advisory board of directors that will eventually become the LA Affiliate's founding board of directors
• Establishing infrastructure for transition of office to affiliate status.
• Developing and maintaining partnerships with affordable housing developers, job training programs, local government housing departments, etc.
• Working with and reporting to GRID Alternatives Bay Area staff.
• Managing the finances of LA office, under the financial oversight of GRID Alternatives' Program Director and Bookkeeper.
• Building a GRID Alternatives Southern California presence and representing a positive public image of GRID Alternatives (including networking and speaking presentations).
• Identifying and interfacing with program clients.
• With the assistance of local Americorps volunteer, recruiting and managing volunteers.
• Working directly with GRID Alternatives Bay Area staff to develop short and long term vision for LA area operations.
Necessary skills and qualifications
• Passion for sustainability, affordable housing, the environment, or environmental justice
• Ability to problem solve and learn new skills
• Leadership/management skills
• Effective public speaker
• Articulate writer
• Comfortable working and communicating with diverse populations
• Self-motivated and driven, able to create a local GRID Alternatives presence where one did not exist before.
• Able to work independently while at the same time able to work collaboratively with GRID Alternatives Bay Area staff.
Recommended skills and qualifications
• Previous non-profit management experience
• Strong ties or roots in LA
• Connections in the LA affordable housing, philanthropic, low-income advocacy communities
• Knowledge of solar energy
GRID Alternatives does not currently have an office in the LA area. Initially, there will be opportunities to work from home; however, part of job duties will require helping to locate suitable office space. The expectation is that once an office has been located, the Regional Director will work full time out of that office.
$72,000 annually + medical, dental, vacation, and 403b retirement plan
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include LA Regional Director in the subject heading
We are an equal opportunity employer – People of color are encouraged to apply.
LA Green Drinks - Hermosa Beach
Thursday, December 13th, 2007
68 Pier Avenue
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
LA Green Drinks - Silver Lake
Thursday, December 20th, 2007
The Good Luck Bar
1514 Hillhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
LA Green Drinks - Studio City
Thursday, December 27th, 2007
11938 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604
Bookmark this website for future updates